Belonging to family Araceae, Zamioculcas zamiifolia is also commonly known as ZZ Plant is a native to eastern Africa. It has bright deep green leaves and is a real joy to keep at home. Apart from being a low maintenance houseplant, it also has air-purifying properties and has shown to reduce pollutants like Benzene, Toluene and Xylene from the indoor air. It can grow well in indirect light and can be used to decorate corner tables and workplace desks.
About the ZZ Plant
- It is a low maintenance houseplant.
- The Plant has deep green fleshy leaves which are about 1 inch wide and in length.
- Requires bright indirect sunlight to grow.
- It has air-purifying properties.
- It improves air quality by eliminating pollutants like Xylene, Benzene and Toluene.
- The Plant is widely used for ornamental purposes.
- Can be used as a desk plant or in workspaces.
- Healthy & robust plant of upto 10 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 6 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for ZZ Plant?
Light and Temperature tips for ZZ Plant
- The Zamioculcas zamiifolia plant requires indirect sunlight.
- The temperature should vary between 15- 24 degree celsius
- Make sure if you are placing the plant indoor it receives some amount of bright indirect light.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- The plant can also grow in low light levels.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of ZZ Plant
- Always examine the moistness of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure before watering that the top of the soil has been dry out.
- The soil should not be completely dry.
- Overwatering the Zamioculcas zamiifolia plant causes root and rhizome rot.
Soil Tips for ZZ Plant
- Fertilize the plant once in a month with diluted liquid fertilizer.
- During monsoon fertilize once in 2 months.
- You should use any organic fertilizer.
Precautions Do's & Dont's around this plant
- Practice Repotting of the Zamioculcas zamiifolia plant when it's grown too big.
- At the time of repotting make sure you pick a pot that is 1-2 inches bigger than the previous one.
- After repotting you should place the plant in a shady area for a minimum of 48 hours.
- All parts of the plant are toxic to pets so keep your plant at a place inaccessible to your pets.