The rubber plant is a low-maintenance, thick-leaved, durable plant that loves humid conditions. Native to South-East Asia, these plants are neglect tolerant and can survive a variety of environmental conditions. The leaves are highly variegated with splashes of green, pink and white on the leaves. They are famous ornamental indoor plants and are ideal choices for minimalist plant parents. They are excellent decor choices for homes and workspace alike.
About Variegated Rubber Plant, Ficus Elastica Plant
- Rubber plants prefer constant humidity and temperature.
- The plant leaves can be identified as thick, with splashes of green, white and pink.
- The rubber plant is popular for its rich, coloured leaves.
- The growth of the plant is slow but it requires minimal care & maintenance.
- The mature Rubber plant may get tiny fig-like fruits.
The plant has FREE Delivery.
- Healthy & robust Rubber Plant of up to 18 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
How to care for Variegated Rubber Tree, Ficus elastica Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light & Temperature Tips for Variegated Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant
- The Rubber plant requires bright and indirect sunlight.
- The plant usually requires a temperature of around 15-24 degrees celsius.
- During winter it can tolerate the temperature up to 10 degrees celsius.
- The plant specifically requires moist and humid conditions but can also survive in low humidity.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Variegated Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant
- The rubber plant should be water thoroughly during summer and spring
- During winters water the plant only once or twice a month
- If the air is dry make sure to mist the plant.
- The drooping of leaves is an indication that the plant requires more water.
- It is suggested to use lukewarm water while watering the plant.
Fertilizing Tips for Variegated Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant
- The plant requires well-draining soil.
- Fertilize the plant only during its growing season.
Other General Tips for Variegated Rubber Tree, Ficus elastica Plant
- The Rubber plant does not require much pruning just remove the damaged and dead leaves.
- If you wish to do pruning make sure to do it during in spring or summer seasons
- Repotting the plant is very required from time to time. While re-potting, make sure to select a pot that is 1 inch bigger than your previous pot.
- Make sure to sanitize your hands properly after touching or handling the plant.
- Use insecticidal soap to clean the mealybugs, mites, scales, and aphids from the plant.