Tulsi is one of the most abundant herbs found and is grown widely for medicine as well as worship. Tulsi has found its significance in the Indian Mythology in Hinduism and is one of the essential elements to be used in traditional medicine and Ayurveda. It is a powerhouse of medicinal properties to cure a number of ailments. The plant has a strong fragrance and grows 30-60 cm tall.
- The plant is perennial in tropical regions but grows all year long.
- Tulsi plants generally grow between 30 to 60cm in height.
- The leaves are green or purple in colour.
- It is a very fragrant herb and has whitish purple flowers.
- It is a medicinal herb and has been a part of traditional medicine for a long time.
- It is very sacred and finds its significance in the Indian Mythology in Hinduism.
- The plant is very low maintenance and survives year long.
The plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust Krishna Tulsi Plant of up to 12 inches in height. The height is inclusive of pot height.
- 8 Inch of Brown/Black Round Pot as shown in the picture.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
How to care for Tulsi Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Tulsi Plant
- In ideal conditions, the plant thrives in complete sunlight.
- In absence of complete sunlight, it can also grow well in partial sunlight with about 4 hours of sunlight per day.
- The temperature range can be between 20℃ to 35℃.
- It prefers hot temperatures to thrive.
- In winters, it doesn’t grow very well.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Tulsi Plant
- Tulsi does not require a lot of water to grow.
- During summers, water regularly or else the plant can dry up.
- The plant cannot tolerate frost, so watering should be done accordingly in winters.
- Water should be given when the topsoil is dry.
- Do not water during rain, as overwatering may lead to root rot.
Fertilizing Tips for Tulsi Plant
- Fertilize the plant every 2 months with rich compost soil during spring and summer.
- Most balanced potting mixtures are adequate for a good indoor Tulsi.
- Tulsi requires rich soil to thrive well.
- Liquid fertilizer can be provided every second month.
Other General Tips for Tulsi Plant
- Tulsi can be used in many ways to be benefited from its medicinal properties, like in beverages etc.
- In the case of Repotting, care should be taken so as to not damage the roots.
- Water well after repotting.