The String of Pillows Plant, also known as Swedish Ivy Succulent is a shade loving succulent variety. The plant looks its best when potted in hanging or railing planters, allowing its fat, grooved leaves to hang down elegantly. If kept under the morning sun, the tips of the fuzzy leaves turn pink and purple. This is a perfect plant for spaces that get the morning sunlight but filtered light throughout the day.
About String of Pillows in Hanging Pot
- It is usually grown in hanging baskets and looks best in balcony gardens or patios.
- The leaves are slightly shiny and fuzzy, hanging down in strands.
- The succulent nature of the plant makes it an amazing addition to indoor balconies.
- Pillow Plant is a low maintenance plant as it requires minimal care.
Plant has FREE Delivery.
- One healthy String of Pillows plant potted with Nutrient-Rich Soil Mix
- 9 Inch Hanging basket of various colours (as shown in image)
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- FREE Delivery
How to care for Pillow Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips
- The temperature should vary between 15-29 degrees celsius
- The plant blooms in bright and indirect sunlight but it also survives in low or medium-light. However, lower light will make the leaves go darker while too much light burns the tips.
- The plant, if kept under direct sunlight, turns pink on the edges.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth
- Water the plant in proper intervals, allow the top of the soil to dry out completely.
- The soil should be moist and not soggy.
- Avoid overwatering and underwatering as it will cause root rot.
- Water regularly during summer/spring also gradually reduce during cold winters.
- The plant like the soil to remain slightly moist but not soggy.
- During the growing season fertilize the plant once a month and avoid during winters.
- Pillow Plant looks pretty well even without fertilizing as it is not a big feeder.
- Use well-drained fertile soil.
- The soil pH should range between 5.5 - 6.5