The String of Pearls is an unusually popular and quirky houseplant that is perfect for busy plant parents and those for an eye of unusual decor when it comes to plants. The plant has small green inflated bubbles along a slender soft stem that falls all the way down as the plant grows. A note of caution is the poisonous nature of the plant (if ingested) to both humans and animals). The String of Pearls looks beautiful in hanging baskets and in small pots and can stay put in almost any corner of the house.
About String of Pearls in Square Pot:
- It is a low maintenance plant and requires low to very minimal care
- It grows best if it gets bright morning light once a week and then indirect light for the rest of the days.
- The plant grows pretty good when placed in south-facing areas.
- The plant loves humid conditions but requires very minimal watering. Making it ideal for people who want a plant without a fuss.
- Make sure the topsoil is completely dry before watering again. Like most succulents, it is drought tolerant as well.
- Healthy & robust String of Pearls Plant of 5- 6 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 5-inch square pot (as shown in image)
- PlantCare planner prepared by botanist (will be shared over Whatsapp)
- FREE delivery (no minimum order value).
How to care for the String of Pearls plant?
Check below some care tips for the plant:
Light and Temperature Tips for String of Pearls Plant
- It requires indirect sunlight of around 4 to 5 hours, harsh sunlight can scorch the leaf surface.
- The usual temperature requirement of the jade plant is 18° to 25°C.
- The plant when kept under direct sunlight for more than the required time can result in the shedding of leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it in a dry environment and heated homes.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of String of Pearls Plant
- Water the plant when the soil is totally dry.
- The simplest way is to use a moisture meter, insert it into the soil, and get the reading.
- Another way is to touch the leaves and if it feels plump (filled with water) then you do not need to water them at that moment.
- If it is overwatered, the lower leaves will tend to fall downwards.
Fertilizing Tips for String of Pearls Plant
- Fertilize the plant during the end of the winter season or the start of the spring season.
- Use high nitrogen-based compost and or acidic fertilizer.
- Do not fertilize the plant when the soil is dry, it can cause damage to the roots.
- It requires a balanced water-soluble fertilizer that can be sprayed over the plant or directly can be poured over the soil in the pot.
Other General Tips for String of Pearls Plant
- Trim and remove the damaged leaves to enhance the growth of the plant.
- The plant is poisonous to both humans and dogs, so do keep them away from kids and pets.