Variegated Snake Plant is scientifically known as Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii'. It is a part of the Asparagaceae family. It is commonly known as Snake plant, Stripped Snake plant, Striped Mother-in-law's Tongue, Goldband Sansevieria, the tongue of a devil, Bow String Hemp. The plant is mainly originated in tropical West Africa from Nigeria east to the Congo. Sansevieria trifasciata laurentii is a succulent plant that has leathery texture, thick, hard, sword-shaped leaves with pointed ends.
About Snake Plant Launrentii
- Sansevieria trifasciata laurentii plant is used as a natural air purifier.
- It is a low maintenance plant as it requires minimal care.
- It is mainly used as a Floor Standing Plant or Table Top Plant
- Sansevieria trifasciata laurentii is an ornamental plant that increases the beauty of the surrounding.
- The attractive plant has a dark green color leaves with light yellow shade edges.
- It is a drought-tolerant plant and also has a slow growth rate.
- Sansevieria trifasciata plant prefers warm and humid conditions but also survives in low humidity.
- The plant blooms greenish-white flowers in summer and spring.
- It is a renowned houseplant as it can survive in low light conditions.
Plant has FREE Delivery.
- Healthy & robust Snake plant of upto 15 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Sansevieria trifasciata (var. laurentii) Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Sansevieria trifasciata (var. laurentii) Plant
- Sansevieria trifasciata plant loves bright and full shade but also sustain in low light conditions.
- The temperature should vary between 15-30 degree celsius
- The plant cannot survive in the temperature below 10 degree celsius
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Sansevieria trifasciata (var. laurentii) Plant
- Always check that your pot has proper drainage holes.
- Reduce watering during winters and monsoons.
- Frequently water the plant during spring and summer.
- Before watering, make sure that the top of the soil is completely dry.
- Avoid overwatering as it results in root rot.
Fertilizing Tips for Sansevieria trifasciata (var. laurentii) Plant
- Fertilize the plant once in spring and summer.
- You should any all-purpose liquid houseplant food.
- It requires well-draining soil
Other General Tips for Sansevieria trifasciata (var. laurentii) Plant
- The plant mainly used as an outdoor in a warm climate and as an indoor in a cold climate.
- Sansevieria trifasciata plant leaves should not be ingested by cats or dogs as it results in diarrhea or vomiting.
- Never mist your plant as it results in water spots on leaves.
- Trim and remove damaged leaves to enhance the beauty of the plant.
- Repot only when the plant grows out of the pot.