Silver Squill Plant is a rosette-forming, durable and low maintenance houseplant that is an amazing addition to space-constraint desks and tables. Though it looks like a succulent, these plants aren't succulents. However, these small, beautiful plants do possess the drought and neglect tolerant quality of succulents. They have thick fleshy spotted leaves and look exceptionally well in monotoned spaces and office setting, to bring a green and healthy atmosphere around.
About Silver Squill Plant, Ledebouria socialis plant
- It is a low maintenance houseplant.
- Though looking like a succulent, it is not a succulent plant but it possesses drought-tolerant qualities.
- The Plant has deep green fleshy leaves with spotted marks giving it a characteristic appearance.
- Requires bright direct sunlight to grow.
- The Plant is widely used for ornamental purposes.
- Can be used as a desk plant or in workspaces.
- Healthy & robust plant of upto 8 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 5-inch square pot as shown in the image.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Silver Squill Plant?
Light and Temperature tips for Silver Squill Plant
- The plant requires direct sunlight for about 3 to 4 hours.
- The temperature should vary between 15- 24 degree celsius
- Make sure if you are placing the plant indoors, it receives some amount of bright indirect light.
- The plant likes a humid atmosphere, so do mist twice a week.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Silver Squill Plant
- Always examine the moistness of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure before watering that the top of the soil has been dry out.
- The soil should be partially dry.
- Overwatering the plant causes root and rhizome rot.
Soil Tips for Silver Squill Plant
- Fertilize the plant once a month with diluted liquid fertilizer.
- During monsoon fertilize once in 2 months.
- You should use any organic fertilizer.