Sempervivum, also known as Houseleeks, are some of the most durable succulents you can come across. From rock gardens to dry stone walls, they can grow almost anywhere. Ardent sun lovers and versatile in nature, they give off an explicit vibe and can improve the aesthetics of corner spaces, desks and compact spaces. These plants space up the wall decors and wreaths when used for decoration. Slow growing and low maintenance, these plants are also super drought tolerant and perfect for newbie plant parents. Pot them in stylish pots and they are good to go for months.
About Sempervivum Calcareum - Houseleek Succulent
- The plant has a grey-green leaf rosette formation with reddish leaf tips giving them a spectacular appearance.
- The plant can grow 3-5 inches in height.
- The plant is drought tolerant.
- The plant can survive partial shade but periods of shade can lead it to lose its bright colour foliage.
- They grow best in coir and orchid bark soil mix.
- They are very low-maintenance plants.
What you get?
- A healthy Sempervivum Calcareum plant
- 3 inch White/ Red/ Black/Yellow Square pots (does not include plate)
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over Whatsapp)
- FREE Delivery
How to Care for Succulents?
Here is how you can care for Succulent plants:-
Light and Temperature Tips
- Succulent plants can grow in full sun to part shade; however, too much shade can cause them to lose their bright foliage colour and spindles the growth.
- The average temperature maintained for them can be between 25 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- They can thrive in moderate humidity.
- The plants cannot tolerate clayey or water-clogged soil.
- The plants require low water for growing and can be watered once a week during summers and once every 10-15 days in winters.
- Too much watering leads to leaf rot.
- Use a well-draining, rich compost soil.
- Use an organic liquid fertilizer every 3-4 months.
- The soil should not be clayey and soggy.