Ruffled fan palms are an unusual but gorgeous species of palm. Ruffled fan palm is native to the Vanuata Islands which is located off the coast of Australia. It is a very slow growing palm and can reach up to 10 feet (3 m), but usually closer to just 6 feet (1.8 m) when grown in a pot. They are grown for their beautiful pleated, or ruffled, leaves. The plant is used in ornamental purposes and have large, circular, simple, undivided and closely pleated leaves, giving it its name as Fan palm. The plant needs moderate watering and grows well in full to partial sunlight, making it an excellent choice as a decorative houseplant.
About the Plant:
- The leaves are lush green, circular and undivided, giving it a large, folded fan-like appearance.
- The plant gives a tropical look and is widely used for ornamental purposes.
- The plant reaches a height of almost 18 inches and spreads across 8 inches.
- It is an easy growing plant and does not require any special maintenance.
- They add a wonderful accent to any outdoor space, garden or patio.
Plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy Ruffled Fan Palm potted with the right mix of soil
- 10 inch Pot (Color: Black or Brown depending on availability)
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over Whatsapp)
- FREE Delivery
How to care for Ruffle Fan Palm Plant?
Light Tips for Ruffle Fan Palm plant:
- The evergreen tabletop palm grows in partial shade or even full shade, which makes it a fixture in malls and office buildings. In fact, bright, direct light may cause the leaves to dry out.
- At home, protect the plant from direct sunlight, opting for filtered sun or shade instead.
- The table palm isn't a big fan of dry air, so if you use a humidifier in your space, that's even better.
Water Tips for Ruffle Fan Palm Plant:
- As it grows in its natural habitat, this palm likes moist environments.
- But when growing indoors, you're more likely to over-water your tabletop palm than under-water it.
- Water the soil with fluoride-free water so that it's uniformly moist, but be sure to let the soil dry out between watering.
- This palm likes well-drained soil; brown leaf tips are a common sign of too much water.
Soil Tips for Ruffle Fan Palm Plant:
- The plant prefers a peaty, soil-based potting mix with adequate drainage.
- As an indoor plant, the tabletop palm doesn't require fertilizer, but you may choose to use a pH balanced liquid fertilizer about once per month to help it along.