Rubber Plant is scientifically known as Ficus Elastica. It is commonly known as Indian Rubber Bush, Ficus decora or India Rubber Tree. It is a part of the Moraceae family. The plant is native to Southeast Asia. It is a low maintenance plant as it requires minimal care. The plant has wide, oval-shaped leaves that are widely used to decorate the home or workspace.
About Rubber Plant
- Rubber plants prefer constant humidity and temperature.
- The plant leaves can be identified as thick, shiny, dark green colored.
- It can grow up to 100 feet in its native southeast Asia
- The rubber plant is popular for its rich dark colored leaves.
- The growth of the plant is slow but it requires minimal care & maintenance.
- The mature Rubber plant may get tiny fig-like fruits.
Plant has FREE Delivery.
- Healthy & robust Rubber Plant of upto 15 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
How to care for Rubber Tree, Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light & Temperature Tips for Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant
- The Rubber plant requires bright and indirect sunlight.
- The plant usually requires a temperature of around 15-24 degrees celsius.
- During winter it can tolerate the temperature up to 10 degrees celsius.
- The plant specifically requires moist and humid conditions but can also survive in low humidity.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant
- The rubber plant should be water thoroughly during summer and spring
- During winters water the plant only once or twice in a month
- If the air is dry make sure to mist the plant.
- Drooping of leaves is an indication that the plant requires more water.
- It is suggested to use lukewarm water while watering the plant.
Fertilizing Tips for Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant
- The plant requires well-draining soil.
- Fertilize the plant only during its growing season.
Other General Tips for Rubber Tree, Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica Plant
- The Rubber plant does not require much pruning just remove the damaged and dead leaves.
- If you wish to do pruning make sure to do it during in spring or summer seasons
- Re potting the plant is very required from time to time. While re potting make sure to select a pot that is 1 inch bigger than your previous pot.
- Make sure to sanitize your hands properly after touching or handling the plant.
- Use insecticidal soap to clean the mealybugs, mites, scales, and aphids from the plant.