Rubber Plant is scientifically known as Ficus Elastica. It is commonly known as Indian Rubber Bush, Ficus decora or India Rubber Tree. It is a part of the Moraceae family. The plant is native to Southeast Asia. It is a low maintenance plant as it requires minimal care. The plant has wide, oval-shaped leaves that are widely used to decorate the home or workspace.
About Rubber Plant Green in White Pot
- Rubber plants prefer constant humidity and temperature.
- The plant leaves can be identified as thick, shiny, dark green coloured.
- It can grow up to 100 feet in its native southeast Asia
- The rubber plant is popular for its rich dark-coloured leaves.
- The growth of the plant is slow but it requires minimal care & maintenance.
- The mature Rubber plant may get tiny fig-like fruits.
Plant has FREE Delivery.
- Healthy & robust Rubber Plant of upto 15 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 7.5 Inches Round White Pot (as shown in image)
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
How to care for Rubber Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light & Temperature Tips for Rubber Plant
- The Rubber plant requires bright and indirect sunlight.
- The plant usually requires a temperature of around 15-24 degrees celsius.
- During winter it can tolerate temperatures up to 10 degrees celsius.
- The plant specifically requires moist and humid conditions but can also survive in low humidity.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Rubber Plant
- The rubber plant should be watered thoroughly during summer and spring
- During winters water the plant only once or twice a month
- If the air is dry make sure to mist the plant.
- Drooping of leaves is an indication that the plant requires more water.
- It is suggested to use lukewarm water while watering the plant.
Fertilizing Tips for Rubber Plant
- The plant requires well-draining soil.
- Fertilize the plant only during its growing season.
Other General Tips for Rubber Plant
- The Rubber plant does not require much pruning just remove the damaged and dead leaves.
- If you wish to do pruning make sure to do it during in spring or summer seasons
- Repotting the plant is very required from time to time. While re-potting, make sure to select a pot that is 1 inch bigger than your previous pot.
- Make sure to sanitize your hands properly after touching or handling the plant.
- Use insecticidal soap to clean the mealybugs, mites, scales, and aphids from the plant.