Polka-dot plant or Hypoestes Phyllostachya is a head-turner potted plant with brightly spotted leaves of variegated colours. The leaves come with deep shades of purple, red pink, green with splotted marks making them excellent mini-container varieties to be kept at home and offices. They come in a wide range of colours and are sure to add a splash of pot in any otherwise boring setting that they are placed in. Mostly used for ornamental purposes, these plants are excellent options if you want a fuss-free beautiful little plant.
About Polka-Dot Plant
- The plant has mint green leaves with black splotted marks on it with a prominent mid vein.
- The plant has a habit of getting leggy, so to get a bushier plant, pinch the top leaves to stop growth on the axial branches.
- They are summer and spring plants and grow best in hot and humid climates.
- These plants can be easily propagated through stem cuttings or even seeds.
- They are mostly used in decorative aspects and can brighten up a neutral space
Plant has FREE Delivery.
- One healthy Polka Dot plant potted with the right soil mix
- 5 Inch Red/ White Square pot (check dimensions on image)
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- FREE Delivery
How to care for Polka-Dot Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Polka-Dot Plant
- The temperature should vary between 15-25 degrees celsius
- The plant thrives best in bright and indirect sunlight but it also survives in low or medium-light.
- The plant, if kept under direct sunlight, can get the leaves bleached out, losing their colour.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Polka-Dot Plant
- Water the plant when the top soil is moderately dry tot ouch.
- The soil should be moist and not soggy.
- Avoid overwatering and underwatering as it will most likely cause root rot.
- Water regularly during summer/spring also gradually reduce during cold winters.
Fertilizing Tips for Polka-Dot Plant
- These plants are heavy feeders, so use a rich organic soil with compost.
- Use a well-drained fertile soil.
- Feed with organic fertilizer once a month throughout the growing season.
- The soil pH should range between 5.5 - 6.5.
Other General Tips for Polka-Dot Plant
- Repot the Polka-Dot plant only if it has outgrown the current pot.
- The mealybugs and spider mites might attack the plant if there is low humidity.
- The leaves of the plant should not be ingested by humans, dogs, cats, and horses as it is toxic.