Poinsettia is one of the commercial favourite winter plants of the diverse spurge family. These plants are Christmas-favourites in few major counties in the world, earning its other name, Christmas Plants. The most widely available Poinsettia plant is red but, they also bloom in beautiful pinks, oranges, creams and whites. They are also quite low maintenance and require moderate efforts. They are excellent decorative plants and are widely used for ornamental purposes.
About the Plant:
- The flower is not really a flower but actually a coloured bract with tiny berry like flowers in the middle.
- The plants prefer proper indirect bright light to grow properly. Direct light often burns the leaf. They enjoy mild humidity which can be achieved by misting the leaves.
- Poinsettias need to be watered carefully, since the plant quickly develop root rot so it is always advisable to stay on the drier side rather than over-watering the plant.
- These are winter hardy plants and grow mainly during December and January but with proper care can extend their bloom well into the following months.
- The plant is widely used as an ornamental piece for its large, colourful and showy bracts.
- Get healthy Poinsettia plants of about 12-14 inches in height in a Rectangle Pot of size 13 inches. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- Rectangular Pot of Brown or Black color. The color will depend on the availability of stock. The default color will always be brown.
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by botanist (shared over Whatsapp)