One of the top choices for Christmas decorations is Poinsettia or popularly known as Christmas Flower. These plants are a commercial favorites of the diverse spurge family. Native to Mexico, these plants are winter-favorites in few major counties in the world. The most widely available poinsettia plant is red but, they also bloom in beautiful pinks, oranges, creams and whites. They are also really easy to care and require moderate efforts. They are excellent decorative plants and are widely used for ornamental purposes.
About Poinsettia Plant:
- The flower is not really a flower but actually a colored bract with tiny berry like flowers in the middle.
- The plants prefer proper indirect bright light to grow properly.
- Poinsettias can quickly develop root rot so it is always advisable to stay on the drier side than over-watering the plant.
- These are winter hardy plants and grow mainly during December and January but with proper care can extend well into the following months.
- The plant is widely used as an ornamental piece for its large, colorful and showy bracts.
- Healthy & robust flowering Poinsettia plant of upto 18 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- Plant has FREE delivery.
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Poinsettia Plant?
Here are some care tips for Poinsettia plant- Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Poinsettia plant:
- It requires bright indirect light to grow best. Avoid exposing it to strong, direct sunlight because it may burn the leaves.
- This plant will thrive in almost any environment, but if you want to give it a special treat, gently mist it twice or thrice a week, especially the bracts.
- Temperatures between 10-20 degree Celsius are great for the plant.
Watering Tips for Poinsettia Plant:
- Water the plant when the topsoil about 2-3 inch in pot feels dry to touch.
- Water your Poinsettia when the top 50-75% of the soil is dry.
- Do not over water the plant or it might lead to root rot. So it is better to stay on the drier side.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy season.
Fertilizing tips for Poinsettia plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.