Philodendron is an excellent first plant choice for young plant parents. It's forgiving nature makes it a great addition as an introductory tall indoor plant for your homes and offices. The leaves are textured and split, giving it a sophisticated appearance. Due to its looks, it is mostly used an ornamental decor and can brighten up any corner of your house, as well as act as a statement plant for your room. Apart from its great looks, it also comes with an array of health benefits as it is popular air-purifying plant and helps in removing harmful toxins from the indoor atmosphere.
About the Philodendron Bipennifolium Plant:
- The young leaves are textured, split and dark green in colour.
- The leaves have a glossy finish and are great choices as indoor houseplants, even for young plant parents.
- These plants have air purifying properties and are known to remove pollutants from the inside atmosphere.
- The plant is a fairly low maintenance plant and can survive drought conditions well.
- The plant is shade tolerant to some extend, but need filtered light for proper growth and survival.
- Healthy Philodendron plant of upto 3 feet tall. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 10 inch brown/ black pot with plate (Color will depend on availability)
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
How to care for Philodendron Bipennifolium Plant?
Here are some care tips for Philodendron Bipennifolium Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Philodendron Bipennifolium plant:
- The plant grows best in filtered light. Direct light may burn the leaves. turning the tips brown.
- This plant can tolerate a number of conditions, but if you want to give it a special treat, gently mist it heavily thrice a week. It grows best in a humid atmosphere.
- Normal room temperatures between 16-24 degree Celsius are great for the plant.
Watering Tips for Philodendron Bipennifolium Plant:
- Water the plant when the topsoil about 2 inch in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not over water the plant or it might lead to root rot.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy season.
- Thoroughly mist/water the moss stick, for proper vine growth and hydration.
Fetilizing tips for Philodendron Bipennifolium plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Use sphagnum-peat moss for better drainage.
- The leaves are generally mildly toxic to pets and humans. The ingestion will cause mouth and stomach irritation and possible vomiting.