The Moon Cactus Succulents, scientifically called Gymnocalycium mihanovichii, are some of the most unusual cacti that have set their dominance among houseplant enthusiasts. The globular cacti are sun lovers and extremely versatile in nature and can improve the aesthetics of corner spaces, desks, and compact spaces. Slow growing and low maintenance, these plants are also super drought tolerant and perfect for newbie plant parents. Pot them in stylish and unusual pots and they are good to go for months.
About Moon Cactus Succulent
- The plant has a globular flower-shaped structure on its green cactus stalk and the globe can have colors ranging between yellow, pink, red, and white- which is prominent due to the lack of chlorophyll.
- The plant can grow almost 3-5 inches in height.
- The plant is drought tolerant.
- The plant can survive partial shade but periods of shade can lead it to lose its bright color foliage.
- They can also grow on low-quality soil but grows best in coir and orchid bark soil mix.
- They are quite low-maintenance plants.
What you will get?
- A healthy Moon Cactus plant
- 3-inch White/ Red/ Black Square pot as shown in the image.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp)
- FREE Delivery
How to Care for Cactus?
Here is how you can care for Cactus:-
Light and Temperature Tips
- Cacti grow best in full sun; however, too much shade can cause them to lose their bright colour and fade.
- The average temperature maintained for them can be between 25 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- They can thrive in moderate humidity.
- The plant cannot tolerate clayey or water-clogged soil.
- The plants require low water for growing and can be watered infrequently throughout the year. Make sure the entire soil mix is dry before you water next. Long spells of drought is okay since the plant is more tolerant to drought than watering.
- Too much watering leads to root rot.
- Use a well-draining, rich compost soil.
- Use an organic liquid fertilizer every 3-4 months.
- The soil should not be clayey and soggy.