Monstera plants are native to tropical rainforests from southern Mexico to Panama so it favours a warm, humid environment, making them ideal for indoors. Monstera Deliciosa prefers shade, warmth and moisture, and grows much faster than its smaller variety, Monstera Adensonii. They're happy indoor plants and are rather resilient varieties. Monsteras can grow up to 3m in height, with leaves that look like they have holes or cuts in them, giving rise to two of its other common names: Swiss cheese plant and split-leaf philodendron. While young, this houseplant has a dense, bushy appearance, but as it grows, it wants to vine out.
About Monstera Deliciosa, Swiss Cheese Plant
- The young leaves are heart-shaped and only develop the characteristic incisions later, giving it an appearance of Swiss cheese, giving it its statement common name.
- It is a famous houseplant with its large, glossy green leaves with deep splits.
- It has air-purifying properties meaning that Monstera also helps clean the air from the interior environment
- The plant is a low-maintenance and resilient plant and can survive on moderate watering and partial shade.
- The plant can grow tall, almost upto 3mt in height.
Product has FREE Delivery
- Healthy Monstera Deliciosa Plant of upto 3 feet in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- Potted in a 12 inch Black/ Brown pot with plate (if the roots are very dense, our Plants team may pot it in a 12 inch Black/ Brown pot, no additional charge).
- PlantCare Planner prepared by Botanist. Will be shared over Whatsapp.
- FREE Delivery
How to care for Monstera Deliciosa Plant?
Here are some care tips for Monstera Deliciosa plant- Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Monstera deliciosa plant:
- It is a rapid growing, shade-loving plant. Avoid exposing it to strong, direct sunlight because it may burn the leaves.
- This plant can grow in almost any environment, but if you want to get a healthy leafy growth, gently mist it twice or thrice a week. It’s best to mist your Monstera in the morning so the water has plenty of time to evaporate right before evening.
- Normal room temperatures between 17-24 degrees Celsius are great for the plant. It cannot tolerate temperatures under 12 degree Celsius or sudden drops in temperature.
Watering Tips for Monstera deliciosa Plant:
- Water the plant when the topsoil about 2-3 inch in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Water your Monstera deliciosa when the top 50-75% of the soil is dry.
- Do not overwater the plant or it might lead to root rot.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy season.
Fertilizing Tips for Monstera deliciosa plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the Monstera plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
Monstera leaves are generally mildly toxic to pets and humans. The ingestion will cause mouth and stomach irritation and possible vomiting.