Monstera Deliciosa is one of the most resilient and beautiful indoor houseplants that can bring a tropical vibe to any space it is placed in. Favouring warm and semi-moist conditions, this plant thrives best in bright light and ample humidity. The leaves bear beautiful fenestrated cuts and holes, giving them a premium appearance. One of the most sought after houseplants, Monstera lives up to its name when used for decor purposes. They're happy indoor plants and are rather resilient varieties. Monsteras can grow up to 3m in height, with leaves that look like they have holes or cuts in them, giving rise to two of its other common names: Swiss cheese plant and split-leaf philodendron. While young, this houseplant has a dense, bushy appearance, but as it grows, it wants to vine out.
About Mini Monstera Deliciosa, Swiss Cheese Plant
- The young leaves are heart-shaped and only develop the characteristic incisions later, giving it an appearance of Swiss cheese, giving it its statement common name.
- It is a famous houseplant with its large, glossy green leaves with deep splits.
- It has air-purifying properties meaning that Monstera also helps clean the air from the interior environment
- The plant is a low-maintenance and resilient plant and can survive on moderate watering and partial shade.
- The plant can grow tall, almost up to 3 metres in height.
Product has FREE Delivery
- Healthy Monstera Deliciosa Plant of up to 1 feet in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- Potted in a 8 inch Round White/Black Premium Pot.
- PlantCare Planner prepared by Botanist. Will be shared over Whatsapp.
- FREE Delivery
How to care for Monstera Deliciosa Plant?
Here are some care tips for Monstera Deliciosa plant- Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Monstera deliciosa plant:
- It is a rapid growing, shade-loving plant. Avoid exposing it to strong, direct sunlight because it may burn the leaves.
- This plant can grow in almost any environment, but if you want to get a healthy leafy growth, gently mist it twice or thrice a week. It’s best to mist your Monstera in the morning so the water has plenty of time to evaporate right before evening.
- Normal room temperatures between 17-24 degrees Celsius are great for the plant. It cannot tolerate temperatures under 12 degrees Celsius or sudden drops in temperature.
Watering Tips for Monstera deliciosa Plant:
- Water the plant when the topsoil about 2-3 inches in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Water your Monstera deliciosa when the top 50-75% of the soil is dry.
- Do not overwater the plant or it might lead to root rot.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy seasons.
Fertilizing Tips for Monstera deliciosa plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the Monstera plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
Monstera leaves are generally mildly toxic to pets and humans. The ingestion will cause mouth and stomach irritation and possible vomiting.