Marigold flowers are some of the most grown flowers especially during winters throughout India. These are some of the non fussy, very easy to grow plants, that blooms flowers in beautiful shades of yellow and orange. One of the well-known plants as natural insect-repellent as they common tackle the nematode problems in soil. They do quite well in potted conditions and hence are a popular choice as houseplants. Due to their self-seeding ability, they might go dormant for a season, but do bloom the next season on their own. They bring a pop of colour to your garden.
About Marigold Plant
- They are tropical plants and grow best in ample sunlight.
- The flowers are large and colorful with varying colors ranging in various shades of yellows and oranges.
- They prefer a cool climate with full sun and grow well in pots and containers with good draining soil.
- The flowers are naturally insect repellents and keep bugs away.
- Marigolds help in keeping the nematode problems in soil in check.
- They are mostly used in decoration and worship purposes.
Plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust flowering Marigold plant of upto 10 inch in height. (Plant comes in either yellow or orange coloured variety). Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Marigold Plants?
Here are care tips for Marigold Plants:
Light and Temperature Tips for Marigold Plants
- The plant requires a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight for proper and frequent blooms.
- The plant blooms best between temperatures of 16 to 30 degree celcius.
- The plant can tolerate cold temperatures and grows well during winters.
- The plant requires moderate humidity to grow.
Watering Tips for Marigold Plants
- During summers the plant needs regular watering for the plant to survive.
- During winters every other day watering is enough if the plant is not getting enough sunlight.
- Over watering leads to root rot and should be avoided by proper soil aeration.
Soil Tips for healthy growth of Marigold plant
- During summers use a high potassium organic fertilizer once a month.
- During winters fertilizing can be done every 40 to 60 days.
- Use a well drainage rich compost soil.