Marigold flowers are some of the most grown flowers especially during winters throughout India. These are some of the non-fussy, very easy to grow plants, that bloom flowers in beautiful shades of yellow and orange. One of the well-known plants as natural insect-repellent as they common tackle the nematode problems in the soil. They do quite well in potted conditions and hence are a popular choice as houseplants. Due to their self-seeding ability, they might go dormant for a season but do bloom the next season on their own. They bring a pop of colour to your garden.
About Marigold Plant
- They are tropical plants and grow best in ample sunlight.
- The flowers are large and colourful with varying colours ranging in various shades of yellows and oranges.
- They prefer a cool climate with full sun and grow well in pots and containers with good draining soil.
- The flowers are naturally insect repellents and keep bugs away.
- Marigolds help in keeping the nematode problems in the soil in check.
- They are mostly used for decoration and worship purposes.
The plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust flowering Marigold plant of up to 10 inches in height. (Plant comes in either yellow or orange coloured variety). Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Marigold Plants?
Here are care tips for Marigold Plants:
Light and Temperature Tips for Marigold Plants
- The plant requires a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight for proper and frequent blooms.
- The plant blooms best between temperatures of 16-30 degree Celcius.
- The plant can tolerate cold temperatures and grows well during winters.
- The plant requires moderate humidity to grow.
Watering Tips for Marigold Plants
- During summers the plant needs regular watering for the plant to survive.
- During winters every other day watering is enough if the plant is not getting enough sunlight.
- Overwatering leads to root rot and should be avoided by proper soil aeration.
Soil Tips for healthy growth of Marigold plant
- During summers use a high potassium organic fertilizer once a month.
- During winters fertilizing can be done every 40 to 60 days.
- Use good drainage-rich compost soil.