Prayer Plant or Maranta Leuconeura is a striking indoor plant with bright decorative leaves that are sure to stand out at any location it is placed in. The name 'Prayer Plant' is derived from the folding nature of the leaves at night like folded hands in prayer. It is one of the most sought-after houseplant and is an excellent container companion. The plant thrives best in humid conditions and has a habit of becoming bushier, giving it a vibrant and fuller appearance. It is an ideal choice as a decorative houseplant and can withstand a variety of conditions.
About the Prayer Plant
- It is a low maintenance houseplant.
- The Plant has deep green velvety leaves, with a prominent mid-vein and a splashes of green on the leaves.
- The plant like moist and humid conditions and can dry out real quick with inadequate moisture.
- Propagating this plant is very easy through division and cutting.
- The Plant is widely used for ornamental purposes.
- Can be used as a desk plant or in workspaces.
- Healthy & robust Prayer Plant. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Prayer Plant?
Light and Temperature tips for Prayer Plant
- The plant grows best in bright lighted, but shaded conditions. make sure to keep it in shade during hot summer months.
- The plant can recieve early morning light during winters but not too harsh direct sunlight as it may wash out the colour of the leaves.
- The temperature should vary between 15- 24 degree celsius
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- The plant can also grow in low light levels.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Prayer Plant
- Always examine the moistness of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure before watering that the top of the soil is not completely dried out since these plants are very susceptible to drought conditions.
- The soil should not be completely dry.
- Overwatering causes leaf yellowing, leaf dropping and root rot.
- Reduce watering during winter months.
Soil Tips for Prayer Plant
- Fertilize the plant twice in a month throughout spring and the growing season.
- Use half strength of 10-10-10 liquid high nitrogen fertilizer.
- You should use any organic fertilizer.