Crassula ovata is commonly known as Jade Plant or Lucky plant. It is a succulent plant that is originated in southern Africa and Mozambique. It is a part of the Crassulaceae family. Crassula ovata is an evergreen plant. The plant can be identified as thick, big, shiny, and smooth with green and yellow-coloured leaves. It is massively used as a houseplant.
About Jade Plant (Big Leaf) in White Pot
- It is a low maintenance plant as it requires minimal care
- The plant prefers 4-5 hours of morning sunlight.
- The plant grows pretty good if placed south-facing.
- Crassula ovata plant is used for ornamental purposes.
- The stems of the plant are red in colour with green foliage.
- It is a perennial plant that means it has a long life span.
- The plant loves humid conditions.
- Healthy & robust Jade Plant of 5 - 6 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 inch Round White Pot (As shown in the image)
- PlantCare planner prepared by botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp)
- FREE delivery (no minimum order value).
How to care for the Crassula Ovata plant?
Check below some care tips for the plant:
Light and Temperature Tips for Crassula Ovata Plant
- It requires sunlight of around 4 to 5 hours, harsh sunlight can scorch the leaf surface.
- The usual temperature requirement of the jade plant is 18° to 25°C.
- The Crassula Ovata plant when kept under direct sunlight for more than the required time can result in the shedding of leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it in a dry environment and heated homes.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Crassula Ovata Plant
- Water the plant when the soil is totally dry, and leaves are wrinkled slightly.
- The simplest way is to use a moisture meter, insert it into the soil, and get the reading.
- Another way is to touch the leaves and if it feels plump (filled with water) then you do not need to water them at that moment.
- If it is overwatered, the lower leaves will tend to fall downwards and if it is underwatered, the brown spots will be observed over the leaves.
Fertilizing Tips for Crassula Ovata Plant
- Fertilize the plant during the end of the winter season or the start of the spring season.
- Use high nitrogen-based compost and or acidic fertilizer.
- Do not fertilize the Crassula Ovata plant when the soil is dry, it can cause damage to the roots.
- It requires a balanced water-soluble fertilizer that can be sprayed over the plant or directly can be poured over the soil in the pot.
Other General Tips for Crassula Ovata Plant
- Trim and remove the damaged leaves to enhance the growth of the plant.
- Repot the variegated Crassula ovata plant every three years respective to its growth.
- Do not keep it in shade and away from direct light for a longer period for better growth of the plant.
- It can be grown in a hanging basket as well as it does not require a high amount of soil.