Crassula ovata is commonly known as Jade Plant, or Lucky plant. It is a succulent plant that is originated in southern Africa and Mozambique. It is a part of the Crassulaceae family. Crassula ovata is an evergreen plant. The plant can be identified as thick, big, shiny, and smooth with green and yellow-colored leaves. It is massively used as a houseplant.
About Crassula Ovata, Jade Plant
- It is a low maintenance plant as it requires minimal care
- The plant prefers 4-5 hours of the morning sunlight.
- The plant grows pretty good if placed south-facing.
- Crassula ovata plant is used for ornamental purposes.
- The stems of the plant are red in color with green foliage.
- It is a perennial plant that means it has a long life span.
- The plant loves humid conditions.
- Healthy & robust Jade Plant of 5- 6 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 5 inch square Red/ White/ Black pot (as shown in image)
- PlantCare planner prepared by botanist (will be shared over Whatsapp)
- FREE delivery (no minimum order value).
How to care for the Crassula Ovata plant?
Check below some care tips for the plant:
Light and Temperature Tips for Crassula Ovata Plant
- It requires sunlight of around 4 to 5 hours, harsh sunlight can scorch the leaf surface.
- The usual temperature requirement of the jade plant is 18° to 25°C.
- The Crassula Ovata plant when kept under direct sunlight for more than the required time can result in the shedding of leaves.
- It is preferable to keep it in a dry environment and heated homes.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Crassula Ovata Plant
- Water the plant when the soil is totally dry, and leaves are wrinkled slightly.
- The simplest way is to use a moisture meter, insert it into the soil, and get the reading.
- Another way is to touch the leaves and if it feels plump (filled with water) then you do not need to water it at that moment.
- If it is over watered, the lower leaves will tend to fall downwards and if it is under watered, the brown spots will be observed over the leaves.
Fertilizing Tips for Crassula Ovata Plant
- Fertilize the plant during end of the winter season or start of the spring season.
- Use high nitrogen based compost and or acidic fertilizer.
- Do not fertilize the Crassula Ovata plant when the soil is dry, it can cause damage to the roots.
- It requires a balanced water-soluble fertilizer which can be sprayed over the plant or directly can be poured over the soil in the pot.
Other General Tips for Crassula Ovata Plant
- Trim and remove the damaged leaves to enhance the growth of the plant.
- Repot the variegated Crassula ovata plant every three years respective to its growth.
- Do not keep it in shade and away from direct light for a longer period for better growth of the plant.
- It can be grown in a hanging basket as well as it does not require a high amount of soil.