The Horsetail Plant is one of the most low-maintenance plants ever to be found. The trouble with these plants is not growing them, but in fact containing them as they can grow quite literally, anywhere in any light condition. These plants, resemble bamboos, except for their long and slender stems like thin grass. If you are looking to fill up a space, where none of your plants is finding a favourable place to grow- then this just might be your plant.
About Horsetail Plant, Equisetum Hyemale Plant
- The stems resemble the Bamboo plants but are thin and slender like grass, deep green in colour.
- The stems don't have leaves and don't bear flowers.
- These plants can grow in any light condition- from direct sun to partial shade.
- These are some of the most neglect tolerant plants.
- They have a habit of spreading through rhizomes and spores ( like ferns) so periodic cleaning is recommended.
- These are also Pet-friendly varieties but are toxic to livestock.
- Healthy Horsetail plant of upto 2.5-3.5 feet of height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 12-inch pot & plate (brown or black in colour - depending on colour availability)
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over Whatsapp)
How to care for Horsetail Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Horsetail Plant
- The temperature for the plant may vary between 13-30 degrees celsius
- Avoid frost and cold winter.
- The plant grows well in bright and indirect sunlight but also survive in a shady area.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Horsetail Plant
- Water the plant when the soil is moderately moist and not completely dry.
- Let the top of the soil semi-dry and water accordingly.
- Use well-drained moist soil and should avoid wet, dry, and sandy soils.
Fertilizing Tips for Horsetail Plant
- Use slow-release fertilizer during spring and liquid fertilizer during summer.
- Fertilize once a month during spring and summer.
- You can reduce during cold winters to once in 45-60 days.