Hibiscus is one of the most popular outdoor plants in India. Belonging to the Malvaceae family, Hibiscus are popular for their large, colourful flowers, ranging from red, yellow, pink and white. Apart from being decorative additions to homes and gardens, they also have a lot of medicinal benefits. Hibiscus is mostly grown in pots on terraces or balcony gardens. They prefer warm humid conditions for growing and need regular watering and sunlight. They add a tropical flair to the garden and bloom very frequently.
About Hibiscus, Gudhal Plant
- They are tropical plants and grow best in ample sunlight.
- The flowers are large and colourful with varying colours ranging between red and white.
- They prefer a humid and cosy atmosphere and prefer growing in pots and containers with good draining soil.
- The flowers are used in various herbal preparations.
- It helps in treating colds, high blood pressure and liver ailments.
- The flowers are used infused in oil for hair remedies.
The plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust flowering Hibiscus plant of up to 18 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height. Bloom Colour as per the option selected.
- 10 Inches of Round Black/ Brown/White Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Hibiscus Plants?
Here are care tips for Hibiscus Plants:
Light and Temperature Tips for Hibiscus Plants
- The plant requires a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight for proper and frequent blooms.
- The plant blooms best between temperatures of 16-30 degree Celcius.
- The plant cannot tolerate very cold temperatures.
- The plant requires moderate humidity to grow.
Watering Tips for Hibiscus Plants
- During summers the plant needs regular watering for the plant to survive.
- During winters every other day watering is enough if the plant is not getting enough sunlight.
- Overwatering leads to root rot and should be avoided by proper soil aeration.
Soil Tips for healthy growth of Hibiscus plant
- During summers use a high potassium organic fertilizer once a month.
- During winters fertilizing can be done every 40 to 60 days.
- Use good drainage-rich compost soil.