If you are a plant newbie or an experienced plant parent, these plants are some of the best options you can keep around, as they are quite literally, very hard to kill. Tolerant to environmental stress, negligence and a lot of other stress factors, these plants can endure it all, and more!
About the Top 3 Hard-To-Kill Sunlight Loving Plants:
- Jade Plant is a sun-loving succulent, that can go weeks without watering. So if you are a forgetful parent then this just might be your plant.
- Snake Plant are hardy plants that can endure heat and water stress like a pro! They can grow in a number of temperature ranges.
- ZZ Plant is one of the best plants to have at home. Apart from being a virtually impossible plant to kill, they have amazing air-purifying benefits.
- Healthy & robust ZZ plant of up to 15 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- Healthy & robust Jade Plant plant of up to 16 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- Healthy & robust Snake Plant plant of up to 20 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Hard-To Kill Plants?
Light and Temperature tips:
- Snake Plant needs bright indirect light for almost 5 hours per day for proper growth. Make sure to not expose it to direct sunlight as it may lead to brown and dry spots on the leaves. Maintain temperature between 15-25 degree Celsius.
- Jade Plants need direct sunlight for at least 4 to 5 hour per day, less of which causes leaf dropping and drying. Maintain temperature between 17-28 degree Celsius.
- ZZ Plant needs bright indirect light for almost 5 hours per day for proper growth. Make sure to not expose it to direct sunlight as it may lead to yellow leaves with burned tips. Maintain temperature between 16-27 degree Celsius.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth:
- Snake Plant is not tolerant to damp and soggy soil, so make sure to water the soil only when the top 2 inches of soil is dry to touch. Make sure the water drains well. Overwatering promotes root rot.
- Jade Plant can survive periods of drought but cannot tolerate soggy and wet soil. Make sure the soil is moderately moist before watering- don't let it stay dry for very long. Inconsistent moisture leads to leaf drop. Water the plant once a week.
- ZZ Plant does relatively better in moderately moist soil than if it is watered too much. Make sure the water drains well and is not clogged. Overwatering turns leaves yellow and brown and leads the bulb roots to rot.
Soil Tips for better root growth:
- Fertilize all the plants once a month during summers and once every 45 days during winters.
- Use a well-draining potting mix with a 50:50 composition of coco-peat and soil.
- Use a dilute concentration of liquid high nitrogen fertilizer for better growth.