Gerbera is a breed of vibrant coloured, low maintenance daisies that have beautiful coloured petals with a very prominent center. The plant blooms with vivid colours of pinks, orange and reds. Gerberas are wonderful spring plants and even grow into winters, provided they get full sunlight. They are a wonderful addition to the garden and they bring a flush of colour into an otherwise plain setting. These plants are popular gifting options and are mostly used for ornamental purposes. They are beautiful options as balcony plants if you have an apartment garden and also grows naturally as a low growing plant in an outdoor garden.
About Gerbera Plant
- The flowers are large and colourful with varying colours ranging in various shades of pink, orange and red.
- They prefer a cool climate with full sun and grow well in pots and containers with good draining soil.
- The flowers bring a flush of warm colours into an environment and are known to lessen stress.
- The flowers are traditionally known to stand for purity and innocence.
- They are mostly used for decoration purposes.
The plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust flowering Gerbera plant of up to 12 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Gerbera Plants?
Here are care tips for Gerbera Plants:
Light and Temperature Tips for Gerbera Plants
- The plant requires a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight for proper and frequent blooms.
- The plant blooms best between temperatures of 16-30 degree Celcius.
- The plant can tolerate cold temperatures and grows well during winters.
- The plant requires moderate humidity to grow.
Watering Tips for Gerbera Plants
- During summers the plant needs deep watering for the plant to survive.
- During winters every few days watering is enough if the plant is not getting enough sunlight.
- Overwatering leads to root rot and should be avoided by proper soil aeration.
Soil Tips for healthy growth of Gerbera plant
- During summers use a high potassium organic fertilizer once a month.
- During winters fertilizing can be done every 40 to 60 days.
- Use good drainage-rich compost soil.