Gardenia is a plant for experienced plant parents. The plant blooms beautiful white flowers that are fragrant. Belonging to the coffee family or Rubiaceae, Gardenia jasminoides is also popularly known as Gardenia or Cape Jasmine. Native to Asia, they are also found in found growing in Vietnam, Southern China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Myanmar, India and Bangladesh. They are grown for their fragrant flowers and lush foliage, gardenias are popular ornamental shrubs, and are known for their finicky needs. In fact, they require considerable maintenance. They bloom beautiful white flowers and are an excellent house plant choice for a balcony garden.
About Gardenia, Cap Jasmine Plant
- Gardenia requires a fair bit of maintenance when it comes to pruning and keeping the plant blooming.
- The plant has lush green foliage and blooms beautiful white flowers that are fragrant.
- The plant is an excellent houseplant option.
- They can be grown in containers and treated as indoor plants since they prefer partial shade to bloom best.
- The plants require moist soil and partial shade to grow best.
- The plants need to be fertilized once a month during their growing season for the best blooms.
- Healthy & robust flowering/ about to bloom Gardenia plant of up to 15 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the plant height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- FREE Delivery
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Gardenia Plant?
Here are some care tips for Gardenia plant- Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Gardenia plant:
- The plant grows best in partial shade. Though it can tolerate full sun also,
- This plant will thrive in varied environments, cannot tolerate frost and extremely cold winters.
- Normal room temperatures between 15-28 degree Celsius are great for the plant. It cannot tolerate temperatures under 12 degree Celsius or sudden drops in temperature.
Watering Tips for Gardenia Plant:
- Water the plant regularly so that the soil remains moist.
- Do not overwater the plant or it might lead to root rot.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy season.
Fertilizing Tips for Gardenia plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.