Ficus benjamina Starlight belonging to family Moraceae is an evergreen shrub and grows predominantly in the tropical belt in India, China, Malaysia and Australia. The plant has dark green, light green or creamy white, shiny leaves and grows from 200 to 300 cm, rarely higher. The leaf shapes: oval, obovate, ovate-lanceolate with smooth or curly edge with creamy white to yellowish flowers in summer. It is a good decision to grow this plant at home. Even if you don’t know anything about Ficus benjamina growing, it isn’t a disaster. It is a fairly moderate maintenance plant and thrives well indoors.
About Ficus Stalight plant
- It is an evergreen tree or shrub.
- Mainly located in the entire tropical belt, mainly in India, China, Malaysia and Australia
- It has dark green, light green or creamy white, shiny leaves
- The growth height in indoor cultivation from 200 to 300 cm, rarely higher
- It blooms creamy white to yellowish flowers in summer
- It produces orange, spherical figs with 2 to 2,5 cm diameter
- The minimum temperature: 15 degrees Celsius
- All plant parts are toxic - so keep it out of children & pets reach.
Plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust Ficus Starlight plant of upto 15 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Ficus Starlight?
- bright to sunny location with gentle sunshine in the morning hours
- The more colorful the leaves, the sunnier the location should be.
- Shade from strong midday sun is absolutely necessary
- All year warm temperatures over 15 degrees Celsius and about 50% to 60% humidity.
- Do not water unless the soil has dried up to 2 cm from the top.
- Avoid over watering the plant as it can lead to root rot.
- Use lime deficient water.
- Fertilize your Ficus tree every two weeks with a liquid fertilizer for green plants. To avoid over-fertilization, reduce by half the dosage indicated by the manufacturer. From October to February the fertilizer dosage is reduced by 6 weeks.
- It is important to remember that you should never give fertilizer to dried soil. The salts contained therein can cause root burns, whereupon the suffering plant loses its leaves. Water before and after with clear, room temperature water.
Other Precautions that you should take
- Plants are toxic, so should be kept away from children and pets.
- The plant needs some time to adjust from direct sunlight to shade, so the transition shouldn’t be done in a quick manner.