Belonging to the Araceae family, Dieffenbachia Seguine is an air-purifying herbaceous perennial plant that grows 3 feet (0.91 m) to 10 feet (3.0 m) in height. It has broad green leaves with detailed midvein and splashes of white around it, making it a very distinct and good looking houseplant. It is also known as Dieffenbachia Tropic Snow & Dumbcane. Maintaining the Dumbcane is extremely easy and it looks amazing no matter which corner you decide to put it in. One of the amazing features of this plant is that it eliminates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from the indoor atmosphere such as benzene, xylene and toluene.
About Dumb Cane, Dieffenbachia Seguine Plant
- The plant requires partial shade or indirect sunlight.
- The plant is widely used for ornamental purposes
- Dieffenbachia Seguine is a low maintenance plant as it is easy to grow and requires minimal care.
- The plant improves air quality by eliminating benzene, xylene and toluene.
- Dieffenbachia Seguine is an indoor as well as an outdoor plant. But place the plant indoors during cold winters.
- If the plant is kept outdoors, it should be placed in a shady area.
- Healthy & robust Dieffenbachia of upto 8-12 inches in height.
- 9 Inches Round White Pot (as shown in image)
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Dieffenbachia Seguine Plant
- The Dieffenbachia Seguine plant requires partial and indirect sunlight.
- Avoid direct sunlight to protect the leaves from damage.
- The temperature should vary from 18-23 degrees Celsius.
- If the plant is placed outside, keep it in a shady area.
- The plant requires high humidity for survival & growth.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Dieffenbachia
- The Dieffenbachia Seguine plant survives in moist soil.
- For the best results, check the moistness in the soil before watering.
- You should avoid overwatering to protect the plant from root rot. It is suggested to reduce watering during winters.
Fertilizing Tips for Dieffenbachia Plant
- Use organic fertilizer once every 40-60 days for good growth.
Other General Tips for Dieffenbachia
- Repot the Dieffenbachia plant once a year or when it's grown too big.
- Pick a pot 1-2 inches bigger than the previous one while repotting.
- Place the plant in a shady area for 2 days after repotting.
- Trim and remove the damaged parts to protect and enhance the growth of the plant.
- The best remedy to get rid of insects is to apply Eucalyptus, Neem, or Citrus oil.