Dracaena Mahatma is commonly known as Ti plant, Hawaiian good-luck-plant, False Dracaena. The plant scientific name is Cordyline Terminalis. It is a part of the Asparagaceae family. Dracaena Mahatma is a beautiful evergreen shrub that is widely used to decorate home and workspace. The plant requires high humidity. The plant leaves are toxic if eaten by pets.
About the Dracaena Mahatma Variegated Plant
- It is easy to grow as it requires minimal care.
- The Dracaena Mahatma is an indoor as well as an outdoor plant.
- It is used in landscaping
- The Dracaena Mahatma plant can survive in medium light but the leaves look more attractive and shiny in bright and indirect sunlight.
- The plant can be identified as narrow, long, with eye-catching coloured leaves.
- The plant is used for ornamental purposes.
- The plant grows up to 6-10 feet in height.
- It is used as a natural air purifier.
- The plant thrives during summer.
- Healthy & robust Dracaena Mahatma plant of up to 18 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate.
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over Whatsapp)
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Dracaena Mahatma Variegated Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Dracaena Mahatma Variegated Plant
- The plant requires bright and indirect sunlight
- The temperature should vary between 18-25 degree celsius
- If you want to grow the Dracaena Mahatma plant outdoor make sure to place it in a semi-shady area
- Make sure if you are placing the plant indoors, it receives a great amount of bright light.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Dracaena Mahatma Variegated Plant
- Always examine the moistness of the soil and later water accordingly.
- Use distilled or non-fluoride water to protect the plant leaves from unwanted stain.
- Make sure before watering that the top of the soil has been dry out.
- The soil should not be completely dry.
- Overwatering the Dracaena Mahatma plant causes root rot.
Fertilizing Tips for Dracaena Mahatma Variegated Plant
- Fertilize the plant once in 15 days during summer and spring.
- During monsoon fertilize once a month.
- You should use any organic fertilizer
Other General Tips for Dracaena Mahatma Variegated Plant
- Practice Repotting of the Dracaena Mahatma plant when it's grown too big
- At the time of repotting make sure you pick a pot that is 1-2 inches bigger than the previous one.
- After repotting you should place the plant in a shady area for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Trim the old stems to enhance the growth of the Dracaena Mahatma plant.
- It is suggested to gently wipe out the dirt from the leaves with a clean cotton cloth