Dracaena Limelight is commonly known as Limelight Dracaena Dragon tree. It is a part of the Asparagaceae family. The plant is originated in the tropical African rainforest region. It is a shade-tolerant indoor plant. The plant is used to decorate and increase the beauty of the home and workspace. The main attraction of this plant is its bright neon-coloured leaves and its air purification properties. They are known to reduce benzene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde from the inside air. It makes a great indoor plant brightening up the surrounding with its bright leaves and purifying properties.
About Limelight Dracaena
- The Dracaena Limelight has beautiful yellow bright chartreuse glossy strap-like leaves.
- The plant should receive proper bright indirect light for survival.
- It improves the quality of air by eliminating Formaldehyde, benzene, and carbon dioxide.
- The plant is widely used as an air purifier and also used in landscaping.
- The Dracaena Limelight plant is easy to grow as it is neglect-tolerant.
- The Dracaena Limelight plant is mostly used for ornamental purposes due to its wide leaves that are long and arc gracefully from the stalk.
- The plant grows up to 5-6ft in height.
What you get?
- Healthy & robust Dracaena Limelight plant potted in the right soil mix. The height of the plant would be ~16-19 inches. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8-inch pot (Black/ Brown) & plate along with it (as shown in the images).
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over WhatsApp)
How to Care for Dracaena Limelight plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Dracaena Limelight Plant:
- The Dracaena Limelight plant requires bright and indirect sunlight but also thrives under low light indoor environment.
- If the leaves look too bleached, then the plant is getting more light and should be removed to a dimmer location.
- The temperature should vary between 15-28 degree Celsius with moderate humidity.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Dracaena Limelight Plant
- Always examine the moisture content of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure before watering that the top 2 inches of the soil has dried out.
- The soil should not be completely dry, even though the plant can tolerate mild stretches of drought.
- Overwatering the Dracaena Limelight plant causes root rot and it is one of the main reasons for the plant death.
Fertilizing Tips for Dracaena Limelight Plant
- Fertilize the plant once in 30 days during summer and spring.
- During monsoon fertilize once in 2 months.
- You should use any organic fertilizer
Other General Tips for Dracaena Limelight Plant
- Practice Repotting of the Dracaena Limelight plant when it's grown too big.
- At the time of repotting make sure you pick a pot that is 1-2 inches bigger than the previous one.
- After repotting you should place the plant in a shady area for a minimum of 48 hours.