Dracaena Limelight commonly known as Limelight Dracaena Dragon tree. It is a part of the Asparagaceae family. The plant is originated in the tropical African rainforest region. It is a shade tolerant indoor plant. The plant is used to decorate and increase the beauty of the home and workspace. The main attraction about this plant is its bright neon coloured leaves and it’s air purification properties. They are known to reduce benzene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde from the inside air. It makes a great indoor plant brightening up the surrounding with its bright leaves and purifying properties.
About Limelight Dracaena
- The Dracaena Limelight has beautiful yellow bright chartreuse glossy strap-like leaves.
- The plant should receive proper bright indirect light for survival.
- It improves the quality of air by eliminating Formaldehyde, benzene, and carbon dioxide.
- The plant is widely used as an air purifier and also used in landscaping.
- The Dracaena Limelight plant is easy to grow as it neglect tolerant.
- The Dracaena Limelight plant is mostly used for ornamental purposes due to its wide leaves that are long and arc gracefully from the stalk.
- The plant grows up to 5-6ft in height.
What you get?
- Healthy & robust Dracaena Limelight plant potted in the right soil mix. The height of the plant would be ~16-19 inches. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 inch pot (Black/ Brown) & plate along with it (as shown in the images)
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over Whatsapp)
How to Care for Dracaena Limelight plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Dracaena Limelight Plant:
- The Dracaena Limelight plant requires bright and indirect sunlight but also thrives under low light indoor environment.
- If the leaves look too bleached, then the plant is getting more light and should be removed to a dimmer location.
- The temperature should vary between 15-28 degree Celsius with moderate humidity.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Dracaena Limelight Plant
- Always examine the moisture content of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure before watering that the top 2 inches of the soil has been dry out.
- The soil should not be completely dry, even though the plant can tolerate mild stretches of drought.
- Overwatering the Dracaena Limelight plant causes root rot and it is one of the main reasons for the plant death.
Fertilizing Tips for Dracaena Limelight Plant
- Fertilize the plant once in 30 days during summer and spring.
- During monsoon fertilize once in 2 months.
- You should use any organic fertilizer
Other General Tips for Dracaena Limelight Plant
- Practice Repotting of the Dracaena Limelight plant when it's grown too big.
- At the time of repotting make sure you pick a pot that is 1-2 inches bigger than the previous one.
- After repotting you should place the plant in a shady area for a minimum of 48 hours.