Dracaena Braunii is commonly known as Ribbon Dracaena, Ribbon Plant, Belgian Evergreen and Chinese Water Bamboo etc. It is a part of the Asparagaceae family. The plant is native to Cameroon in West Africa. It is a very sensitive plant and needs a little bit of attention to thrive well. It’s not really a bamboo plant. This species of genus Dracaena has been around for quite long and has become a favourite of feng-shui enthusiasts because it is believed to enhance chi energy and bring good luck. If propagated in water, it needs a regular change in water and lots of light. It has a very slow rate of growth and is easy to transplant.
About Dracaena Braunii, Ribbon Plant
- The Dracaena Braunii has beautiful widely spaced leaves which gives it an airy appearance with stems growing upright.
- The plant should receive proper bright indirect light for survival with clean water.
- The Dracaena Braunii plant is sensitive tolerant.
- The Dracaena Braunii plant is mostly used for ornamental purposes due to its graceful stalk and leaf arrangement.
- The plant can grow up to 5ft in height and 2ft in diameter.
What You Get?
- Healthy & robust Dracaena Brauniii plant potted in the right soil mix. The height of the plant would be ~16-20 inches. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8-inch pot (Black/ Brown) & plate along with it (as shown in the images)
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over Whatsapp)
How to care for Dracaena Braunii Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Dracaena Braunii Plant:
- The Dracaena plant requires bright and indirect sunlight but not direct sunlight.
- Low light causes poor growth and weak stems along with stunted growth.
- Temperatures can range between 16-24°C.
- Do not place the plant near an AC vent or window where it can get strong winds, as it may harm the plant.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Dracaena Braunii Plant
- Always examine the moisture content of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure you adequately water the plants. Also, mist them every couple of days for a better humid atmosphere around the plant.
- Low humidity causes leaves to turn brown.
- The plant is sensitive to salts like fluoride, so use clean tap water or filter water.
Fertilizing Tips for Dracaena Braunii Plant
- Fertilize the plant every 2-3 months for better growth.
- Use a well-draining potting mix.
- Use 1/10th of the fertilizer strength for fertilizing the plant.