Belonging to the Araceae family, Dieffenbachia Tropic Snow is an air-purifying herbaceous perennial plant that grows 3 feet (0.91 m) to 10 feet (3.0 m) in height. It has broad green leaves with detailed midvein and splashes of white around it, making it a very distinct and good looking houseplant. It is also known as "Dieffenbachia Seguine" or "Dumbcane". Maintaining the Dumbcane is extremely easy and it looks amazing no matter which corner you decide to put it in. One of the amazing features that this plant has, is it eliminates Volatile organic compounds from the indoor atmosphere such as benzene, xylene and toluene.
About Dieffenbachia Tropic Snow plant
- The plant requires partial shade or indirect sunlight.
- The plant is widely used for ornamental purposes
- Dieffenbachia Seguine is a low maintenance plant as it is easy to grow and requires minimal care.
- The plant improves air quality by eliminating benzene, xylene and toluene.
- Dieffenbachia Seguine is an indoor as well as an outdoor plant. But place the plant indoors during cold winters.
- If the plant is kept outdoors, it should be placed in a shady area.
The plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust Tropic Snow plant of up to 22 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Dieffenbachia Seguine Plant
- The Dieffenbachia Seguine plant requires partial and indirect sunlight.
- It is recommended to avoid direct sunlight to protect the leaves from damage.
- The temperature should vary from 18-23 degrees Celsius.
- If the plant is placed outside, keep it in a shady area.
- The plant requires high humidity for survival
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Dieffenbachia Tropic Snow Plant
- The Dieffenbachia Seguine plant survives in moist soil.
- So for the best results, it is recommended to check moistness in the soil before watering.
- You should avoid overwatering to protect the plant from root rot.
- It is suggested to reduce watering during winters.
Fertilizing Tips for Dieffenbachia Plant
- It is suggested to use organic fertilizer
- Fertilize once every 40-60 days.
Other General Tips for Dieffenbachia Tropic Snow Plant or Dumbcane
- Practice Repotting of the Dieffenbachia plant once a year or it is suggested when it's grown too big.
- At the time of repotting make sure you pick a pot that is 1-2 inches bigger than the previous one.
- After repotting you should place the plant in a shady area for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Trim and remove the damaged parts to protect and enhance the growth of the plant
- The best remedy to get rid of insects is to apply Eucalyptus, Neem, or Citrus oil