Coleus Maroon-Green plant is a striking plant with beautiful foliage of large and showy leaves. The leaves are dark velvety maroon in colour with borders of green. The plant requires no special attention to be taken care of and can bring a pop of colour to any background. The leaves are serrated and beautiful and the plant is mainly a foliage plant. Coleus Maroon are mostly used in decor and landscapes since they fill in the gaps between hedge plants to control the monotonous green and make it looks more colourful.
About the Coleus Maroon-Green Plant
- The plant has velvety large leaves with dark maroon in the centre and green at the border.
- It is an easy to grow plant and does not need any extra attention.
- The plant is mainly a garden decor plant.
- The plant can be planted between continuous hedges to give a sense of colour to it.
- The plant looks very beautiful if planted in landscapes or in garden spaces.
- The plant needs moderate sun to proper water requirement for proper growth.
- Healthy & robust Coleus of up to 10 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Coleus Maroon-Green Plant?
Light and Temperature tips for Coleus Maroon-Green Plant
- The plant can grow under full sun, but cannot survive the harsh summer afternoon sun since the leaves curl up.
- The plant grows best in partial shade with a fair amount of morning or evening sunlight.
- The plant grows best in temperatures between 23 to 31 degree Celsius.
- The plant needs normal humidity to grow.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Coleus Maroon-Green Plant
- The plant requires a fair amount of water to thrive best.
- When it comes to Coleus, a little extra watering on some days does no harm.
- If the water stays stagnant around the roots for too long, then the plant might get root rot.
Soil Tips for Coleus Maroon-Green Plant
- The plant grows best in rich compost soil.
- The plant prefers well-draining soil.
- The plant thrives the most when a layer of mulch is added thickly around the root area.