Coleus Green is an easy to maintain, beautiful, bright green coloured foliage plant, that is sure to stand out in any place where it is kept. The plant has a stunning feature of a vibrant colour with serrated leaf margin and texture with well distinguished veins. Coleus is mostly an ornamental plant and some varieties of it had found its usage in medicines in ancient times. The plant stays put the whole year and requires a little attention during the harsh winter months. Since the plant has a bedding nature, it is often used in landscaping also.
About the Coleus Green Plant
- It is an easy to maintain annual plant with bright green foliage.
- The leaves are bright and vibrant green in colour with ridged margins and defined leaf veins.
- The plant is mostly used in ornamental purposes.
- The plant has a bedding nature and hence, used in Landscaping as well.
- The plant can tolerate sun, but grows best in partial shade.
- Healthy & robust Coleus of upto 10 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Coleus Green Plant?
Light and Temperature tips for Coleus Green Plant
- The plant can tolerate full sun, but cannot survive the harsh mid-summer afternoon sun since the leaves dry up.
- The plant grows best in partial shade with a fair amount of morning or evening sunlight.
- The plant grows best in temperatures between 22 to 30 degree Celsius.
- The plant needs moderate humidity to grow.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Coleus Green Plant
- The plant requires a good amount of watering to grow best.
- When it comes to Coleus, a little extra watering accidentally does no harm.
- If the water stays stagnant around the roots for too long, then the plant might catch root rot.
Soil Tips for Coleus Green Plant
- The plant grows best in a rich soil of compost and perlite.
- The plant prefers a well draining soil.
- The plant thrives the most when a layer of mulch is added around the root area.