Blushing philodendron or Philodendron Red makes an excellent choice for a low maintenance, ornamental houseplant with beautiful foliage. The plant belongs to the family Araceae. It is robust, evergreen plant, native to Colombia. The word “erubescens’ means blushing. It is a hardy indoor plant and has decorative foliage. The plant has dark green, heart shaped leaves which are glossy in texture. Although a typical indoor plant, this Philodendron likes a few hours of sunlight for the splitting of leaves. The flowers are essentially spathes and blooms deep red and fragrant.
About Blushing Philodendron:
- The plant has deep green foliage with heart shaped leaves.
- The plant grows best in indirect bright light, however, a little sunlight is required for the proper leaf splitting.
- The plant blooms deep red and fragrant spathes between August to September.
- The plant requires moist soil to grow best.
- The plant can grow to almost 10ft in its wild state.
- It is a low-maintenance houseplant.
- Healthy Blushing Philodendron plant of upto 16-18 inch tall. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 inch brown/ black pot with plate (Color will depend on availability)
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
How to care for Blushing Philodendron Plant?
Here are some care tips for Philodendron Red - Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Blushing Philodendron plant:
- The plant grows best in bright indirect light. However, exposing it to early morning low intensity sunlight actually helps in better leaf splitting.
- This plant will thrive in almost any environment, but if you want to give it a special treat, gently mist it twice or thrice a week. It grows best in a humid atmosphere.
- Normal room temperatures between 15-27 degree Celsius are great for the plant.
Watering Tips for Blushing Philodendron Plant:
- Water the plant when the topsoil about 2 inch in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant or it might lead to root rot.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy season.
Fertilizing tips for Blushing Philodendron plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Use sphagnum-peat moss or perlite for better drainage.
- The leaves are generally mildly toxic to pets and humans. The ingestion will cause mouth and stomach irritation and possible vomiting.