Anthuriums are NASA recommended air purifier plants and are commonly known as Flamingo-Lily. The plant has found its domain in interior decor with its flowering parts delicately enhancing the aesthetics of the space it is kept in, with its appearance. The genus is largely variegated and flowers can range from all colours between white and red, as bright spathes. The plants are appreciated for their exotic looks and with proper care bloom year long. It is an excellent choice for indoor spaces and can bring a pop of colour to the surrounding.
About Anthurium Plant:
- The plant is a herbaceous epiphyte and blooms all year long with proper care.
- It is an exotic variety with brightly coloured flowers or spathes.
- It is one of the rarest indoor flowering plants which requires minimal sunlight to bloom.
- They are NASA recommended air purifier plants and help in removing pollutants such as Benzene, Trichloroethylene and Formaldehyde.
- They can grow up to a height of 15 inches and can spread almost 8 inches.
- Anthurium Red plant of 6-8 Inches
- 6 Inches Round Red Pot (as shown in image).
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over WhatsApp)
- FREE Delivery
How to care for Anthurium Plant?
Here are some care tips for Anthurium Plant:
Light and Temperature Tips for Anthurium Plant:
- Anthurium plants love bright light, they do not appreciate direct sunlight at all and burn easily. Give this plant a spot where it receives bright light but not direct sunlight.
- The Plant prefers a high humid atmosphere.
- The plants thrive in temperatures between 15 degrees to 35 degrees Celsius. Temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius cannot be tolerated by the plant.
Water Tips for Anthurium Plant:
- Watering is important to the plant. Over-watering quickly leads to root rot.
- The plant likes moist soil but not soggy soil.
- Stick a finger in the plant to check the moisture level. Watering should be reduced gradually during the cold winter months when there is no bloom.
Fertilization Tips for Anthurium Plant:
- Use rich compost soil for potting.
- Use well-draining soil with enough aeration for the plant to bloom.
- Use dilute liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks during the growing season. The fertilizing can be reduced during the dormant months.