Alocasia is an increasingly popular, low maintenance, unusual looking and natural air-purifying houseplant. The plant is also known as Kris’s Plant, Elephant Ear or African Mask Plant. The leaves have an impressive appearance with a round shape, velvet texture and white veins running through the contrasting deep green leaf. It is one of the most popular houseplants due to its unmatched looks and sculptural beauty. Alocasia is very easy to maintain and thrive with moderate attention. One of the reasons why this plant is such a popular choice is because of its statement foliage which is extensively used as an aesthetic ornamental option.
About Alocasia Reginula, Black Velvet Plant
- The plant is an air-purifying plant and is a natural air cleanser.
- The plant has attractive dark green foliage with white prominent veins making it a statement plant.
- The plant is low maintenance and is one of the most popular houseplants due to its impressive, unusual looking foliage.
- The plant can survive in partial shade, but not complete shade or direct sunlight. Keep the plant at a bright location for the best growth.
- The plant prefers a warm, humid climate with a moist soil environment, so mist the leaves to maintain humidity and keep checks on soil moisture.
- Alocasia plants are poisonous to people and pets, and can also get pest infested. Maintaining high humidity with periodic leaf misting can take care of the problem.
- Beautiful Alocasia of about 7-9 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height. Mentioned height includes pot height.
- 5 inch Square Pot with varied colours. (Please check the image for colours and dimensions).
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by botanist (shared over WhatsApp)
How to care for Alocasia Plant?
Light and Temperature tips for Alocasia Plant
- The plant can grow under filtered sun, but cannot survive the harsh summer afternoon sun since the leaves curl up.
- The plant grows best in partial shade with a fair amount of morning or evening sunlight.
- The plant grows best in temperatures between 23 to 31 degrees Celsius.
- The plant needs normal humidity to grow.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Alocasia Plant
- The plant requires a fair amount of water to thrive best.
- Let the soil dry about 25% before your next watering session.
- If the water stays stagnant around the roots for too long, then the plant might get root rot.
Soil Tips for Alocasia Plant
- The plant grows best in a nutrient-rich soil mix.
- The plant prefers well-draining soil.
- The plant thrives the most when a layer of mulch is added thickly around the root area.