Aglaonema Costatum or Chinese Evergreen plant is one of those plants that is a must in your office table or home work stations. It belongs to the Arum family (Araceae). The plant has beautiful leaves that are a treat for your eyes. Being native to tropical and sub-tropical regions of Asia, they can survive well in humid Indian weather conditions. They are generally known as Chinese evergreens.
About Chinese Evergreen Plant
- Chinese Evergreen plants are hardy, drought-tolerant, low maintenance, and wonderful air purifier.
- The recent NASA Clean Air Study determines that these plants were highly effective at removing common household air toxins such as formaldehyde and benzene and are thus one of the best Air Purifier plants in our list.
- This plant is widely considered as “Goodluck” plant.
- Chinese Evergreen Plants have been grown as luck-bringing ornamental plants in Asia for centuries.
- There is generally a crown of wide leaf blades that are often variegated with silver and green coloration.
- These plants live in low light conditions and are very popular house plants.
- People would love to keep these Chinese Evergreens at their houses for their unique shapes and size and especially for the color and pattern of the leaves.
- Healthy & robust Chinese Evergreen Plant of up to 19 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for the Chinese Evergreen plant?
Check below for Chinese Evergreen plant care tips:
- You can prolong the life of your plant by protecting it from cold temperatures and excessive sunlight.
- Chinese Evergreen plant bloom in medium to low sunlight.
- In terms of temperature, make sure to place it in warm and humid surroundings. Chinese Evergreen loves humidity.
- For a flourishing growth, it requires moist soil and moderate watering, but remember to avoid over watering as it will result in root rot.
- A quick trim is recommended if the Chinese evergreen plant grows too tall or leggy.
- The plant also requires a small doses of fertilizer from time to time. Ideally you can fertilize it once in 3 months.
- When the Chinese Evergreens outgrows in the current pot, you should repot it with a fresh potting soil and fertilizer to nourish it.
- Any attack caused by insects can be treated by the use of Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, and Citrus oil.
- Regular checking up the plant prevents it from getting infected by insects like spider mites, mealybugs, and aphids.
|Water||Once in 4-7 days. Check soil dampness before watering
|Sunlight||Works well in medium lit areas.
||Once in 3 months|