1.75/3 Feet Coir Moss Stick
Support your beautiful vining plants with these sturdy coir moss sticks that will support the long aerial stems of your favourite creeper plants. Standing tall at almost 3 Feet in height, these sticks are perfect for Pothos, Philodendrons and any other creeper varieties that need support to grow around and branch out well. The coir is super water-absorbent and can retain moisture for 2-3 days time to provide hydration to the aerial roots and stems. The coir is covered with a net to give a sleek and tidy appearance so that your plant can properly root itself in the moss stick and vine out well.
What You get?
- Set of 1/2/3 Moss Stick (1.75/3ft Tall) with Metal Stem
About Moss Sticks
The moss stick goes by many names – moss stick, bamboo stakes, plant supports, climbing pole, moss totem, etc. lt’s an object standing vertically with moss or a natural coco coir fibre covering it. The purpose of a moss pole is to emulate the natural growing environment of a climbing vine and provide it with micronutrients and water via aerial roots.
Essentially, the moss pole acts as a fake tree for your plants to cling to and is an excellent option for a wide variety of houseplant favourites, including Monstera deliciosa and many pothos options. The moss pole creates a tremendous aesthetic and provides your plants with support and nutrients.
Benefits of Moss Sticks
Many Vining housplants are epiphytes, a plant that grows on top of another plant (usually a tree). In the tropics, these plants grow on tree trunks toward the top of the forest canopy.
- Nutrients & Moisture - through its coco fibre material, these Moss sticks provide moisture & a few micronutrients to plants that they wouldn't get in traditional pots or containers.
- Mature Leaves - moss sticks promote mature foliage by allowing your plant to sense the pole’s support, which creates larger leaves as it climbs.
- Aesthetic Appeal - having a plant grow upward helps you make use of small spaces – and it gives you the freedom to shape your plant however you feel.
How to Use a Moss Stick?
Moss Sticks are mostly used to support vining varieties. Here's how to use them:
- Fill your desired planter 1/3 with soil.
- Insert the moss stick in the middle of the pot and stabilize it using some damp soil at the base.
- Pot your plant as close to the moss stick as possible, leave a 1-inch gap between the roots and the stick.
- Tie the aerial stems in close concentric circles around the moss stick and tie them with jute or nylon strings to hold them in place.
- Mist the stems and the moss stick for hydration every day.
Plants Suitable For Moss Stick
- Pothos or Money plants
- Philodendron plants
- Monstera plants
- Climbing Roses