Philodendron is one of the most forgiving houseplant for a new plant parent. The leaves are glossy, textured, dark-green and heart shaped. Apart from bring packed with benefits like air-purification and next to negligible maintenance, Philodendrons make great additions to filtered light corners of the house. They can survive anywhere between partial shade to bright filtered light, in turn accessorizing as a great ornamental choice.
About the Heartleaf Philodendron Plant:
- The young leaves are heart shaped, textured and dark-green in colour.
- The leaves have a glossy finish and they are excellent choices as houseplants.
- These plants have air purifying properties and are known to remove pollutants from the inside atmosphere.
- The plant is a fairly low maintenance plant and can survive drought conditions well.
- The plant is shade tolerant but need filtered light for proper growth and survival.
- Healthy Heartleaf Philodendron plant of upto 3 feet tall. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 10 inch brown/ black pot with plate (Color will depend on availability)
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
How to care for Heartleaf Philodendron Plant?
Here are some care tips for Heartleaf Philodendron Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Heartleaf Philodendron plant:
- The plant grows best in bright indirect light. Direct light may burn leaf tip. turning them brown.
- This plant can tolerate a number of conditions, but if you want to give it a special treat, gently mist it twice or thrice a week. It grows best in a humid atmosphere.
- Normal room temperatures between 16-25 degree Celsius are great for the plant.
Watering Tips for Heartleaf Philodendron Plant:
- Water your plant when the top 2 inches of the soil is dry.
- Do not overwater the plant or it might lead to root rot.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy season.
- Thoroughly mist/water the moss stick, for proper vine growth and hydration.
Fetilizing tips for Heartleaf Philodendron plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Use sphagnum-peat moss for better drainage.
- The leaves are generally mildly toxic to pets and humans. The ingestion will cause mouth and stomach irritation and possible vomiting.