Philodendron Ceylon Golden Plant is commonly known as Philodendron Golden Emerald, Fiddle-leaf philodendron, Gold Satin, Philodendron Golden Erubescens, Velvet Leaf. It is a part of the Araceae family. It is an evergreen and popular houseplant. The philodendron is an indoor as well as an outdoor plant.
About Philodendron Ceylon Golden Plant
- It improves the quality of air by eliminating the harmful pollutants Formaldehyde, Benzene, and Trichloroethylene.
- Philodendron Ceylon Golden plant can grow up to 10 feet in height.
- The plant grows well indoor in warm surroundings but if grown outdoor make sure to place it in a shady area.
- It is widely used for ornamental purposes.
- The main attraction is its paddle-shaped leaves with the visible shades of golden cream or bright green.
- Philodendron Ceylon Golden plant requires hot and humid conditions.
- It is an easy growing plant that requires minimal care
- The Philodendron loves growing around Ferns, Dracaena, Aralia, Spathiphyllum (Peace Lilly) and Rhoeo plants.
- Healthy Golden Ceylon plant of upto 2.5 feet of height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 12-inch pot & plate (brown or black in colour - depending on colour availability)
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over Whatsapp)
How to care for Philodendron Ceylon Golden Plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Philodendron Ceylon Golden Plant
- The temperature for Philodendron Ceylon Golden plant may vary between 13-30 degree celsius
- Avoid frost and cold winter.
- The plant blooms in bright and indirect sunlight but also survive in a shady area.
- Avoid direct sunlight as it will result in leaves turning dry or shedding.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Philodendron Ceylon Golden Plant
- Water the plant when the soil is totally dry, and leaves are wrinkled slightly.
- Let the top of the soil dry completely and later water accordingly.
- Use well-drained moist soil and should avoid wet, dry, and sandy soils.
Fertilizing Tips for Philodendron Ceylon Golden Plant
- Use slow-release fertilizer during spring and liquid fertilizer during summer.
- Fertilize once a month during spring and summer.
- You can reduce during cold winters to once in 45-60 days.
Other General Tips for Philodendron Ceylon Golden Plant
- Make sure to avoid overwatering and underwatering as it turns the leaves yellow
- Repot your Philodendron Ceylon Golden plant during summer, while repotting pick a pot that is at least 1-2 inches bigger than your previous pot.
- It can be grown in a hanging basket or moss stick.
- Practice pruning every 3 months to train the plant to grow on a moss stick.