Monstera adansonii plants favour a warm, humid environment, and are the smaller version of the evergreen houseplant Monstera deliciosa,- making Monstera adansonii is an ideal choice for indoors. Monstera adansonii prefers partial shade, warmth and moisture. They're quite happy indoors varieties and are rather resilient houseplants. Monsteras can grow upto 2 ft in width, with leaves that look like they have holes or splits in them, giving rise to two of its other common names: Swiss cheese plant and split-leaf philodendron. While young, this houseplant has a dense, bushy appearance, but as it grows, it vines out.
About the Monstera Adansonii Tall (3 Feet), Swiss Cheese Plant
- The young leaves are heart-shaped and only develop the characteristic incisions later, giving it an appearance of Swiss cheese, giving it its statement common name.
- It is a famous houseplant with its large, glossy green leaves with deep splits.
- It has air-purifying properties meaning that Monstera also helps create a pleasant environment in the home.
- The plant is a low-maintenance plant and can survive on moderate watering and partial shade.
- The plant grows upto 6ft in height and spreads about 20 cm.
- The plant doesn’t bloom during the growing seasons.
What You Get?
- Healthy growing Monstera Adansonii with height upto 3ft. (Mentioned size includes the pot)
- 12 inch Brown/Black Pot with plate (Dimensions can be found in the image below)
- FREE delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by botanist (shared on WhatsApp).
How to care for Monstera adansonii Plant?
Here are some care tips for Monstera adansonii plant- Plant:
Light and Temperature tips for Monstera adansonii plant:
- It tolerates low light but grows fast. Avoid exposing it to strong, direct sunlight because it may burn the leaves.
- This plant will thrive in almost any environment, but if you want to give it a special treat, gently mist it twice or thrice a week. It’s best to mist your Monstera in the morning so the water has plenty of time to evaporate right before evening.
- Normal room temperatures between 15-24 degrees Celsius are great for the plant. It cannot tolerate temperatures under 12 degrees Celsius or sudden drops in temperature.
Watering Tips for Monstera adansonii Plant:
- Water the plant when the topsoil about 2-3 inches in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Water your Monstera adansonii when the top 50-75% of the soil is dry.
- Do not overwater the plant or it might lead to root rot.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering during the winter and rainy seasons.
Fertilizing Tips for Monstera adansonii plant:
- During the main growing season, provide feed to the Monstera plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Aerate the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake nutrients and moisture easily.
- Monstera leaves are generally mildly toxic to pets and humans. The ingestion will cause mouth and stomach irritation and possible vomiting.