Cypress Green is a low maintenance fast-growing coniferous evergreen tree much used in horticulture, primarily for hedges and screens. Even on sites of relatively poor soil, plants have been known to grow to great heights. The tree is a hybrid, almost always sterile, and propagated mainly from cuttings. Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Best in part shade. Prefers moist, fertile soils. Avoid wet, poorly-drained soils. Shelter from strong winds. Pruning is rarely needed. Cypress trees cannot survive shade, so you’ll need to plant your outdoor tree in a sunny spot.
About Cypress Green Plant
- The plant can tolerate full light to semi-shade but cannot survive full shade.
- Even on sites of relatively poor soil, cypress trees have been known to grow to heights of 15 meters (49 ft) in 16 years.
- This small tree usually does not grow taller than 2 to 3 feet, making it perfect for indoor containers.
- The Plant is drought tolerant but container plants require watering.
- It is a non-flowering plant.
- It requires minimal water for growth.
- It is a low-maintenance plant and doesn’t require much effort.
- If you cut & prune the branches well, you can shape it like a Christmas tree.
The plant has FREE Delivery
- Healthy & robust Cypress Green plant of about 12-15 inches in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inches of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Cypress Green Plant?Light Tips for Cypress Green:
- They do best with cool indoor temperatures. Keep your thermostat in the low 60’s F. (15-16 C.) during winter.
- Cypress trees cannot survive shade, so you’ll need to plant your outdoor tree in a sunny spot.
- If kept inside, select a window that provides good sunlight and turn the container regularly to give each side a turn.
- The houseplant requires 6 to 8 hours of direct sun.
- Don’t forget water – essential for cypress houseplant care.
- They won’t forgive you if you don’t give them drenching once a week – you’ll see brown needles appear.
- Water whenever the soil is dry.
- During the tree’s first growing season, you’ll need to water twice a week, and then gradually reduce it.
- The trees require well-draining soil but are not picky about whether it is loamy, sandy or chalky. They also accept acidic, neutral or alkaline soil.
- In spring, it’s time to feed the tree. Apply a standard, slow-release fertilizer before new growth appears in the spring.