White Dracaena is one of the most fuss-free indoor plants that you can get your hands on. The name comes from the streaks of white that lines the leaves at intervals, giving it a stunning look. The plant has large and showy deep green leaves with a lighter shaded strip running through the midvein. If neglect tolerance isn't enough, it is also a familiar houseplant in the air-purifying houseplant list. It helps in removing toxins from the air, making your home cleaner and greener.
About White Dracaena, Dracaena Fragrans Plant
- The plant has large and showy deep green leaves with a lighter shaded strip running through the leaves.
- The plant should receive proper bright indirect light for survival.
- It improves the quality of air by eliminating Formaldehyde, benzene, and carbon dioxide.
- The plant is widely used as an air purifier and also used in landscaping.
- The plant is easy to grow as it is neglect-tolerant.
- The plant is mostly used for ornamental purposes due to its wide leaves that are long and arc gracefully from the stalk.
- The plant grows up to 5-6 feet in height.
What You Get?
- Healthy & robust White Dracaena plant potted in the right soil mix. The height of the plant would be 2.5-3ft. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 12-inch pot (Black/ Brown) & plate along with it (as shown in the images).
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (shared over WhatsApp)
How to Care for Dracaena plant?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Dracaena Plant:
- The Dracaena Fragrans plant requires bright and indirect sunlight but also thrives under low light indoor environment.
- If the leaves look too bleached, then the plant is getting more light and should be removed to a dimmer location.
- The temperature should vary between 15-28 degrees Celsius with moderate humidity.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Dracaena Plant
- Always examine the moisture content of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure before watering that the top 2 inches of the soil have dried out.
- The soil should not be completely dry, even though the plant can tolerate mild stretches of drought.
- Overwatering the Dracaena plant causes root rot and it is one of the main reasons for plant death.
Fertilizing Tips for Dracaena Plant
- Fertilize the plant once in 30 days during summer and spring.
- During monsoon fertilize once in 2 months.
- You should use any organic fertilizer
Other General Tips for Dracaena Plant
- Practice Repotting of the Dracaena plant when it's grown too big.
- At the time of repotting make sure you pick a pot that is 1-2 inches bigger than the previous one.
- After repotting you should place the plant in a shady area for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Do not suddenly water the plant on receiving it.