Wandering Jew Plant or Tradescantia Zebrina is an extremely beautiful but low-maintenance indoor houseplant. Considered invasive in nature in a lot of areas around the world, this quality of the plant makes it an increasingly popular indoor vining houseplant. Their characteristic heart-shaped leaves with a deep purple hue, stands them out from an army of indoor varieties, making them ideal decor plants.
About Tradescantia Zebrina - Wandering Jew in Hanging Basket
- They have deep purple-hued leaves with a shiny silvery sheen on them.
- The plant requires a bright lighted location to grow best, or else the purple sheen gets bleached out.
- The plant requires moderate watering and can even tolerate some spells of drought. Overwatering might lead to yellowing of leaves and root rot.
- It is another low maintenance plant that can survive well in air-conditioned rooms.
- It is one of the resounding pet-friendly varieties.
- Healthy and bushy Wandering Jew of height of 8-10 inches in Hanging Basket of 9 inches. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare planner prepared by botanist (shared over WhatsApp)
How to care for Wandering Jew Plant?
Light and Temperature tips for Wandering Jew Plant
- The plant requires indirect sunlight.
- The temperature should vary between 18 - 30 degree celsius
- Make sure if you are placing the plant indoors it receives some amount of bright indirect light. The absence of bright light will fade the distinctive leaf markings and the silvery sheen.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- The plant cannot grow in low light levels.
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Wandering Jew Plant
- Always examine the moistness of the soil and water accordingly.
- Make sure before watering that the top of the soil has been dry out.
- The soil should not be completely dry.
- Never water the crown of the plant, always water the soil from the side.
Soil Tips for Wandering Jew Plant
- Fertilize the plant once a month with diluted liquid fertilizer.
- During monsoon fertilize once in 2 months.
- You can use any organic fertilizer.