This Snake Plant is scientifically known as Sansevieria Zeylanica (or Sansevieria Trifasciata). It is a part of the Asparagaceae family. It is commonly known as Snake Plant, Bowstring Hemp, Mother-in-law tongue and a tongue of a devil. The plant has its origin from South East Asian Region. Sansevieria Zeylanica leaves can be identified as straight, hardy, and sword-like shape. It is one of the best houseplants for beginners to grow as it requires minimal care.
About this Snake Plant
- Sansevieria Zeylanica plant helps to improve the quality of air and act as a natural air purifier.
- It is a low maintenance plant as it requires minimal care.
- The leaves of the plant have v-shaped ends.
- The attractive plant has a dark green color shade with light green horizontal stripe marks across the leaves
- The plant release oxygen throughout the night.
- Sansevieria Zeylanica blooms in semi-dry to humid conditions.
- The plant grows pretty well in the U.S zone 9-11.
- The plant blooms greenish-white flowers in summer and spring.
- It is an excellent houseplant as it can survive in low light conditions.
- Sansevieria Trifasciata is a tender perennial plant that means it cannot survive in extremely cold temperatures.
- The plant grows up to 2-3 feet in height.
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%.
Plant has FREE Delivery.
- Healthy & robust Snake plant of upto 15 inch in height. Mentioned height is including the pot height.
- 8 Inch of Round Black/ Brown Pot (as shown in image) along with a plate
- Pune location - only brown pot is available
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over whatsapp on the day of delivery).
- The mentioned specifications are indicative only. Actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
How to care for Sansevieria Zeylanica (Snake Plant)?
Check below for the plant care tips:
Light and Temperature Tips for Sansevieria Zeylanica Plant
- Sansevieria zeylanica plant loves bright and full shade but also sustain in low light conditions.
- The temperature should vary between 12-30 degree celsius
- The plant cannot survive in the temperature below 10 degree celsius
Water Tips for Healthy Growth of Sansevieria Zeylanica Plant
- Always check that your pot has proper drainage holes.
- Reduce watering during winters and monsoons.
- Frequently water the plant during spring and summer.
- Before watering, make sure that the top of the soil is completely dry.
- Avoid over watering as it results in root rot.
Fertilizing Tips for Sansevieria Zeylanica Plant
- Fertilize the plant once in spring and summer.
- You should use any all-purpose liquid houseplant food.
- It requires well-draining and loamy soil
Other General Tips for Sansevieria Zeylanica Plant
- The plant mainly used as an outdoor in a warm climate and as an indoor in a cold climate.
- Sansevieria Zeylanica plant leaves should not be ingested by cats or dogs as it results in diarrhea or vomiting.
- Never mist your plant as it results in water spots on leaves.
- Trim and remove damaged leaves to enhance the beauty of the plant.
- Repot only when the plant grows out of the pot.