Sedum rupestre ‘Angelina’ is a succulent plant also known as Carpet Sedum or Stonecrop is a low growing, mat-forming, perennial plant with brilliant foliage. They are native to the rocky mountain slopes of Europe and Asia. These succulents grow quite vigorously and can be an excellent choice as ground covers. They are also used for ornamental purposes as over rock spills and can be used to grow in hanging baskets in terrace and balcony gardens. The plant bears yellow flowers during summer or spring.
About Carpet Sedum in Hanging Basket
- Sedum rupestre ‘Angelina’ plants are known for their brightly coloured chartreuse to yellow, needle-like foliage. This foliage is bright green in warmer climates and may turn orange during the colder months.
- The plant can grow almost 3 inches in height and can spread about 2-3 inches in wild. In potted conditions, it can grow almost half an inch in height and spread.
- The plant is drought tolerant.
- The plant can survive partial shade but periods of shade can lead it to lose its bright colour foliage.
- They can also grow on low-quality soil.
- They are quite low-maintenance plants.
What you will get?
- A lush green Carpet Sedum plant
- 9 inches Round Hanging basket of colours mentioned below.
- PlantCare planner prepared by Botanist (will be shared over WhatsApp)
- FREE Delivery
How to Care for Sedum rupestre ‘Angelina’ Plants?
Here is how you can care for Sedum Angelina plants:-
Light and Temperature Tips for Carpet Sedum
- Sedum plants can grow in full sun to part shade; however, too much shade can cause them to lose their bright yellowish foliage colour.
- The average temperature maintained for them can be between 25 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- They can thrive in moderate humidity.
Water Tips for Sedum rupestre ‘Angelina’ plant:
- The plants cannot tolerate clayey or water-clogged soil.
- The plants require low water for growing and can be watered once or twice a week during summers and once every 10 days in winters.
- Too much watering leads to leaf rot.
Fertilization Tips for Sedum rupestre ‘Angelina’ plant:
- Use a well-draining, rich compost soil.
- Use an organic liquid fertilizer every 3-4 months.
- The soil should not be clayey and soggy.