Cuphea is one of the best, fuss-free, tropical flowering plants to have around which give a very non-traditional feel to your garden, bringing in a fresh change from the regular garden flowers. The plants come in quality plastic pots which are attractive and appealing. The plants can bloom flowers ranging between purple, lavender to orange and even white. The plant poses an easy way to add a tropical flair to the garden. It can be grown as a ground cover, on hedges, baskets and hanging pots.
About Cuphea Plant
- The plant blooms purple to lavender colour flowers almost year-round if you live in a frost-free place.
- The plant can tolerate full sun to partial shade. If kept in partial shade, do allow it to get morning or evening sunlight and then can keep at a bright location.
- Water the plant only when the topsoil is dry to touch. Water well in summers and reduce during winters. Do not overwater the plant.
- The plant can be fertilized with a diluted fertilizer once a month.
- The plant is mostly used for ornamental purposes.
- Healthy and robust Cuphea Plant of about 3-6 inches in height. Bloom colour may be Purple or White, based on availability.
- 6-Inch Premium Round Pot
- FREE Delivery
- PlantCare Planner prepared by botanist & shared on WhatsApp.
Plant Care Tips for Cuphea Plant
Here is how you can care for Cuphea Plants
Light and Temperature Tips:
- The plants require 3-4 hours of full sunlight so either you can place them outside or near a south-facing window.
- Exposing them to direct high-intensity sunlight leads to an enhanced blooming capacity.
- Maintain temperatures between 15- 30 degrees Celsius.
- The plant likes to be watered thoroughly during summers.
- Keep the soil moist and ensure that the plant doesn’t get overwatered.
- Overwatering may lead to root rot.
- During winters, watering can be reduced to every other day.
- Use good drainage-rich compost soil.
- Fertilize in spring before the fresh blooms appear.
- Use a liquid balanced fertilizer once a month.